Asbestos has been banned in the United States since 1989, but it remains a problem in older buildings throughout Little Rock and around the nation as well. Although this mineral was used for many years in thousands of building materials, including insulation, ceiling tiles and fireproofing, asbestos can cause serious health problems if it’s not removed carefully from homes and other structures before it begins to break down or deteriorate.
What is it?
Asbestos is a toxic, fibrous mineral that was used for centuries to insulate buildings and ships. It can be found in older homes, and it’s also been used as an ingredient in paint, shingles, plaster, insulation and flooring. And while it was banned from U.S. production more than three decades ago, it still poses a serious risk to homeowners when disturbed or damaged. That’s why you should contact EnviroPro Testing and Consulting for mold removal Little Rock and asbestos remediation Little Rock if you suspect any of these products are present in your home.
Is your home at risk?
As the best asbestos removal company in Arkansas, EnviroPro Testing and Consulting has seen its fair share of asbestos problems. If your home has been exposed to asbestos, you should have it remediated by professionals. The good news is that there are some things you can do to prevent exposure: try not to disturb or remove any asbestos-containing materials (ACMs), keep the area well-ventilated and stay upwind of the ACM, and don’t walk on any materials that may be made up of small particles.
Should you get involved?
Asbestos has been found in many homes and schools, and it’s imperative that people act responsibly when they find out their home is contaminated. EnviroPro Testing and Consulting can help you get the testing done to find out if your home has asbestos. If it does, they’ll also help you plan an asbestos removal project. Mold removal Little Rock services are available too. Most of these types of projects involve asbestos, which is one of the most harmful toxins in any building. Therefore, it’s important to understand why this substance is still such a problem for homeowners today:
- It was used as insulation on pipes, tiles and roofs for more than 50 years
- Insulation helps reduce fire hazards
- It has good durability against water damage the effectiveness increases as time passes because fiberglass becomes stiffer over time
How can we protect our loved ones?
Asbestos has been used for a variety of purposes over the past few decades. It was commonly found as insulation in both homes and commercial buildings until the 1970s, when it was banned. However, because asbestos takes so long to decompose, it still poses a risk for those living or working with older homes or buildings that were not built before the ban.
Knowing that there may be asbestos and other potentially toxic materials within your home can leave you feeling overwhelmed. Luckily, there are steps you can take to protect your family from these dangers by doing mold removal Little Rock and asbestos remediation services.
A final word of advice…
Asbestos remediation can be expensive and time consuming, but it’s worth the cost to protect your family from potentially harmful substances. Be sure to keep an eye out for any signs of asbestos, like crumbling paint or insulation. If you notice anything that looks concerning, don’t hesitate to call the professionals at KNOW asbestos remediation in Little Rock!