Commercial cleaning can be very demanding. It requires more time, energy, and resources than residential cleaning. The scope of commercial cleaning differs from one property to another, but there are some basic tasks that are done for all types of properties. A business or office space should be clean and well maintained. Many people visit commercial properties on a daily basis, which is why they easily get dirty; however, to cast a good impression on your visitors, you must pay a lot of attention to the cleanliness of your commercial space.
Areas Included in the Commercial Cleaning
Not many people know what office areas are included in standard commercial cleaning services. Professional companies offer exceptional cleaning, covering almost every area of an office. In general, the areas covered are
- Reception areas
- Administrative offices
- Council Rooms
- Board rooms
- Work stations
General Tasks Included in the Commercial Cleaning
Professional companies for commercial cleaning in New Orleans use the latest machinery, equipment, and detergents to clean commercial properties properly. The range of commercial cleaning includes regular and general cleaning, including washing tiles, floors, interior walls, partitions, workstation equipment, chairs, tables, windows, kitchens, bathrooms, etc. Cleaning tasks often include:
- Vacuuming and Floor Mopping
- Cleaning the toilets and Sinks
- Cleaning the Kitchen Sinks and Dishwasher
- Disinfection of door knobs and handles
- The dusting of entire surfaces for the removal of cobwebs
- Washing of windows and mirrors
- Emptying of waste bins and the change of waste bags on them
Commercial Cleaning Checklist
The first impressions of the customers generally depend upon the reception areas of the offices. Every business owner likes this area to be always clean, bright, and attractive. This also depicts the business owner’s approach to providing clean work for its employees and clients. Keeping the work environment clean and organized helps everyone be productive. Commercial Cleaning tasks included in reception cleaning of an office include:
- Emptying of the waste bins and the change of waste bags. If needed, waste bins are often washed.
- Vacuuming of hard floors followed by wet mopping
- Vacuuming carpet flooring. Carpets should be dry-washed at least once a month for a good look.
- Wiping off all the surfaces such as chairs, tables, desks, and other types of furniture with a damp cloth.
- After wiping, all surfaces should be disinfected using a quality disinfectant.
- Removal of cobwebs from the corners of ceilings and window sills.
- Removal of leftover items, for example, piles of papers and water bottles.
- Cleaning of door knobs and handles followed by disinfection.
- Cleaning wall lights and their frames and other wall hangings.
- Cleaning of windows with a window cleaner for a streak-free view.
- Wet wiping of cabinets and bookshelves.
Hiring a cleaning company is said to be one of the cost-effective approaches to saving money and keeping the workplace clean. A clean workplace reduces the likelihood of illness, resulting in fewer sick days. Office workplaces included in commercial cleaning services are meeting rooms, board rooms, and the workstations or cabins of the employees. The cleaning of such areas includes:
- All the trash from waste bins is removed, and the liners are replaced with new ones.
- Hard flooring is wet wiped to restore the shine on it.
- Carpet flooring is cleaned and vacuumed for the removal of dust.
- Workstation equipment like monitors, keyboards, and shelves are wet wipes using a wet sponge.
- The horizontal surfaces such as chairs, tables, desks, and some furniture are cleaned to remove dust from them.
- A disinfectant is used to remove the germs from the high-touch areas in the workstations.
- Cobwebs are removed from everywhere in the cabins and meeting rooms.
- Junk is removed from the cabinets, and they are polished at least once a month.
- Glass doors must be cleaned inside and out.
Bathroom and Kitchen Cleaning
Having a clean and disinfected bathroom is essential in any type of work to prevent the spread of germs. The same applies to kitchens or restrooms where the employee eats. Even if food is not prepared here, it is important to keep the place hygienic and clean. The commercial cleaning in New Orleans of bathrooms and kitchens includes:
- Removal of dust and debris from every corner of bathrooms and kitchens.
- Cleaning of kitchen appliances and bathrooms with disinfectant.
- Removal of food spills and other marks from the walls of the kitchen and bathrooms.
- Wiping of floors and surfaces.
- Cleaning of toilets, sinks, faucets, and dishwashers. The drains are checked for any blockages.
- Replacing toiletries in bathrooms and removal of expired food from the kitchens.
- Change towels and toilet paper in the bathrooms.
- Cleaning of bathroom mirrors and windows using a top-rated glass cleaner.
- Cleaning of glass doors and hand dryers in the bathrooms.
- Cleaning of kitchen cabinets from both inside and outside.
By using the cleaning tips and processes shared above, you can keep a well-maintained and clean commercial space. If you still think things are not working out, hire a professional cleaner and leave the cleaning job in their hands. This way, you won’t have to worry about anything and get a clean space at the end of the day.