Urinary diseases are diseases of the urinary tract. The organs that make and remove urine from the body are the parts of the urinary tract. For example, kidneys, renal pelvis, bladder, ureters, and urethra make up the urinary tract. Generally, urinary tract infections and urinary infections are caused by bacteria. Therefore, you must consult the best urologist in Mumbai or at your preferred location if you have a urinary disease.
Urinary diseases can be caused by several bacteria entering the urinary tract from feces or other excreta. Women are more prone to these diseases. In women, the urethras are shorter than those in men, and bacteria can easily access the bladder. Bacteria may be present in the human system but do not cause urinary infections. Some factors encourage bacteria and other microbes to cause disease in the urinary tract. These are:
- Some birth-control methods can be the reason for urinary tract infections. For example, spermicides, unlubricated condoms, etc., can irritate the urinary tract allowing bacteria to infect those regions.
- Drinking inadequate water can cause these infections.
- Purposefully holding in urine for an extended time may cause urinary tract infections.
- Kidney stones, tumors in the urinary tract area, enlarged prostate, etc., can lead to urinary tract information.
- Nerve injury can affect the bladder’s ability to empty. That can result in infection in the urinary tract.
- Pregnant women’s hormonal fluctuations contribute to bacteria spreading more quickly from their bladders to their kidneys.
- The extended use of catheters may cause these infections.
If you need the best urologist in Mumbai, visit Nanavati Max Super Speciality Hospital. You can consult the best doctors, including Dr. Avanish Arora, Dr. Vivek Venkat, etc.
Urinary disease symptoms are easy to notice. You can readily understand if you have got one. However, urinary tract infections may not always show signs until the problem gets complicated. So, one needs to be aware of even minor signs because they usually indicate a significant issue inside the body. Some of the distinct signs of urinary diseases are-
- Feeling extreme irritation or burning while urinating.
- Intense urination urges that don’t subside.
- The urge to urinate repeatedly and only a small amount every time.
- Signs of blood in urine, with the urine looking brownish, reddish, or bright pink.
- The strong foul smell while urinating.
- Mild or extreme pain in the pelvic area.
It is possible that in the case of older individuals, urinary tract infections are confused with other problems. It is, therefore, crucial to watch out for these symptoms.
Types of urinary diseases
Many urinary infections can happen in children and adults. The urinary disorders taking place in the human body are-
- Kidney Stones: Kidney stones, also called nephrolithiasis or renal calculi, are mineral deposits inside your kidney. The symptoms are usually in the form of severe pain on the side of the abdomen, fever, nausea, vomiting, etc.
- Bladder Infection: It is also called urinary tract infection or UTI, an infection in any part of the urinary tract.
- Hematuria (urine mixed with blood): Hematuria is the condition when an individual’s urine is red, cola-colored, or bright pink. Hematuria is generally the result of bladder infections like pyelonephritis, cystitis, etc., and inflammation in the kidney, bladder, urethra, prostate, etc.
- Prostate Enlargement: Benign Prostate Hyperplasia (BPH) is usually an age-associated disease in which the prostate gland gets enlarged, resulting in difficulty in urination.
- Urinary retention: The condition known as urinary retention occurs when your bladder is unable to empty all the urine. Acute urinary retention occurs when an individual cannot urinate suddenly, while chronic urinary retention occurs when an individual cannot urinate enough.
- Erectile Dysfunction: It is a widespread problem among men. Erectile dysfunction is when a man cannot maintain an erection for an extended time during sexual intercourse.
- Painful Bladder Syndrome or Interstitial Cystitis: Interstitial Cystitis is a chronic condition in which the patient feels pain in the bladder and sometimes in the pelvic area and gets frequent urges to urinate.
- Incontinence: The urethra cannot hold urine.
You need to consult the best urologist in Mumbai to diagnose and treat your disease when you get such a condition.
Treatment of urinary diseases has two main parts- diagnosis and treatment.
The urinary disease can be diagnosed in many ways-
- Analyzing your urine sample.
- Growing the bacteria found in your urine sample in the lab.
- CT scan or MRI scan of your urinary tract.
- Using a cystoscope to look for any injury or infection inside your bladder.
The first step in the treatment of your urinary disease treatment is finding a urologist. You should look for the best urologist in Mumbai or at your preferred location. The types of medication available for urinary disease treatment are-
- Medications like Trimethoprim, Nitrofurantoin, Ceftriaxone, Fosfomycin, etc.
- Vaginal estrogen therapy
- Extracorporeal shock wave lithotripsy for kidney stone treatment
If you are living in Mumbai, it is advisable to consult the best urologists in Mumbai. Dr. Sanjay S. Nabar, Dr. Shrikant M. Badwe, Dr. Vivek Venkat, and Dr. Avanish Arora are some of the best urologists you can consult.