Would you like to know about basin mixer in Melbourne? Kitchens without basins seem incomplete. That’s why a basin mixer is the perfect marriage of modern design and practicality. If you’re looking to buy a new basin mixer in Melbourne, then this article covers explored some of the top brands in particular as well as highlighting 15 things you should know before buying one such as capacity and installation. Basin mixers are one of the smartest ways to help keep your kitchen looking neat and tidy. Not only do they help reduce the amount of water mess you’ll have to clean up, but they also come in an array of sleek and stylish designs that can complement any style of kitchen. When it comes to choosing a basin mixer for your home, there are a few things you need to take into consideration such as capacity, installation and what type of finish will best suit your needs. To help make your decision a little easier, we’ve put together a list of 15 things you should know before buying a basin mixer.
1. Basin mixers come in a variety of different capacities ranging from 12 litres per minute (LPM) to 36 LPM. The size that you’ll need will depend on the size of your sink as well as how many people will be using the tap at any one time.
2. If you have a small sink, then you won’t need as much water flow so a 12 LPM tap will suffice. However, if you have a larger sink or multiple users, then you may want to opt for a tap with a higher flow rate like a 24 or 36 LPM.
3. Basin mixers can be either surface or recessed mounted. Surface mounted taps are the most popular type as they’re easy to install and don’t require any special tools or expertise. Recessed mounted taps are flush with the basin and can give your kitchen a more minimalist look.
4. If you’re opting for a recessed mount, then you’ll need to make sure that your sink is compatible as not all models will fit every sink. You’ll also need to have access to the underside of the sink to make the necessary plumbing connections.
5. Most basin mixers will come with all the necessary mounting hardware and instructions needed for installation, but it’s always a good idea to double check before you buy.
Types of Finishes:
6. Basin mixers are available in a wide range of finishes including chrome, brushed nickel, brass and even copper. The finish you choose should complement the overall style of your kitchen.
7. If you have a modern kitchen with clean lines, then a chrome or brushed nickel finish would be ideal. For a more traditional space, a brass or copper finish would be a better option.
8. The flow rate is the amount of water that comes out of the tap per minute and is measured in litres. Most basin mixers have a flow rate between 12 and 36 litres per minute.
9. The flow rate is an important consideration as it will determine how long it takes to fill up your sink. A higher flow rate will obviously be quicker, but it will also use more water so it’s something to keep in mind if you’re trying to be eco-friendly.
Spout Height and Reach:
10. The height and reach of the spout is another important consideration as you need to make sure that the tap will be able to comfortably fill up your sink. Ideally, the spout should be about 10-15cm taller than the lip of the sink.
Types of Basin Mixers
There are many different types of basin mixers to choose from when selecting a new mixer for your bathroom. The most common type of basin mixer is the deck mounted mixer, which is mounted on top of the counter or vanity. These mixers are usually very easy to install and come in a wide variety of styles and finishes to match your bathroom decor. Another popular type of basin mixer is the wall mounted mixer, which is mounted directly onto the wall. Wall mounted mixers are a great option if you have limited space in your bathroom as they take up less room than deck mounted mixers. The last type of basin mixer we will discuss is the floor standing mixer. Floor standing mixers are becoming increasingly popular in Melbourne as they offer a stylish and unique look that can really make a statement in your bathroom. Floor standing mixers are also very easy to install and come in a variety of styles and finishes to suit your taste.
Popular Brands of Basin Mixers
There are a few top brands of basin mixers in Melbourne that have gained popularity over the years.
- Villeroy & Boch
These brands offer a wide range of styles and designs to choose from, so you can easily find one that suits your taste and budget. They also come with different features and specifications, so you can pick one that will best meet your needs. Make sure to read reviews and compare prices before making your final decision.
Cost of Basin Mixer
The cost of a basin mixer can vary depending on the brand, type, and style of mixer you choose. Many brands offer entry-level basin mixers for as little as $100, while high-end designer basin mixers can cost upwards of $1,000. If you’re looking for a quality basin mixer that won’t break the bank, we recommend checking out brands like Caroma and Posh. For more premium options, look to brands like Verona and Launceston. No matter what your budget may be, there’s sure to be a basin mixer that’s perfect for your needs!
Buying Advice: Things to Consider
-Type of basin mixer: There are three types of basin mixers- monobloc, single hole and wall mounted. Each type has its own pros and cons. You need to decide which type of basin mixer is right for your bathroom.
-Installation: Basin mixers need to be installed by a professional plumber. Make sure you get quotes from different plumbers before deciding on one.
-Size: Basin mixers come in different sizes. You need to choose a size that is appropriate for your bathroom sink.
-Finish: Basin mixers are available in different finishes like chrome, brass and stainless steel. Choose a finish that matches the style of your bathroom.
Key Factors to Consider
Assuming you are looking for a basin mixer for your bathroom in Melbourne, Australia, here are some key factors you should consider: -Size and dimensions: make sure to measure the space where you want to install the basin mixer and compare it with the models available. You don’t want a too small or too big one! -Design and style: there is a wide range of basin mixers available in different designs and styles. Choose the one that best fits the overall look of your bathroom. -Functionality: think about what function you need the basin mixer to have. Some have additional features such as built-in filters or water saving technology. -Budget: finally, set a budget for yourself and stick to it. There are great options available at different price points.