Bakhoor is an Arabic word that means fumes, vastly used as a home fragrance. The term bakhoor refers to aromatic wood chips that are soaked in scented oils and blended with sandalwood, musk, floral oils, and other natural ingredients. It comes in many different varieties and is imported from the Arab world.
Do you think that placing your favourite bakhoor on burning charcoal is the only way to burn bakhoor? Not anymore! Now you can instantly enjoy your favourite bakhoor aromas with a bakhoor burner and never have to light another charcoal again!
Wani Bakhoor has many styles of burners in an assortment of colours and sizes. It’s an aesthetic element you can add to your home decor. Beautiful bakhoor burners that accentuate your room with a soothing aroma with a flick switch.
How To Burn Bakhoor:
You can burn bakhoor in several ways to enjoy its sensational aroma all over your house. It is one of the most influential fragrances that neutralise the smell in your house and surroundings. Its exotic aroma has a very relaxing and calming effect on your body.
Electric burners are the modern variants of traditional bakhoor burners. While traditional burners use coal, electric burners use electricity to produce heat mainly by using the coil.
The Traditional Way:
The most primitive way of burning bakhoor since time immemorial is by using coal. The burning process includes:
- You have to burn a charcoal disc on fire until it is extremely hot. Grey soot-like ash appears on top. It indicates that your coal is ready.
- Then carefully put this charcoal disc in the incense burner.
- Now add bakhoor to this fuming hot coal and immediately you will see the wonderful fumes spreading through. These fumes spread an aromatic smell all around.
- You can also move the burner into different corners and rooms of the house. Its fragrance stays for a while.
- Remove the bakhoor after exactly 15 mins otherwise, it will give you a burning smell of coal.
- Make sure you never try to burn bakhoor directly because it is flammable. Therefore, it should not be burnt or heated.
An electric burner is the most convenient and easiest way to burn bakhoor. It allows you to regulate the temperature of heat inside the burner. It is the best way to burn bakhoor at home.
How To Use Electric Burner:
- Start by placing your charcoal inside the electric burner.
- Now switch the burner on and you will start noticing some sparkles across the charcoal. It indicates your charcoal is ready. Now you can place the bakhoor chips on charcoal.
- You can also set the desired temperature to burn your bakhoor. Make sure the light is turned on, it indicates that the heating coil is working.
- It is advisable to keep the lowest heat setting at first to experiment with the heat level. Plus, it will burn bakhoor slowly and for a longer duration.
- Now slowly change the temperature if you like.
- The burner will now continue to gradually heat the bakhoor and provide its aromatic smell for as long as it is kept on.
There are two types of electric burners available:
- Automatic electric burners
- Non-automatic electric burners
Automatic Electric Burner:
An automatic electric burner comes with an energy regulator or thermostat to control the temperature of heat produced. It allows you to either increase or decreases the temperature by simply turning the dial up or down. The energy regulator inside the burner automatically maintains the temperature by switching the power on or off for shorter or longer intervals.
Features of an Automatic Electric Burner:
- You can control the intensity of heat.
- It automatically turns on and off. It stops the temperature from going beyond the set temperature.
- It slowly burns the incense, thus resulting in longer usability of the incense.
- You don’t have to worry about damaging the burner coil because the heat automatically turns according to the thermostat settings.
Non-Automatic Electric Burner:
Non-automatic electric burners do not have an energy regulator. They operate at a particular temperature which means you cannot manually increase or decrease the temperature. When you want to switch it off, simply plug it off from the main switch. Usually, non-automatic electric burners are advised to be kept on for 10 minutes, otherwise, the burner may have a power outage.
Non-automatic electric burners are ideal for the quick burning of bakhoor. They work best when you don’t want to keep the burner on for long.
Tip: The best way to light bakhoor in an electrical burner is by placing the incense on a silver foil. It burns the incense slowly and perfectly. Plus, it will increase the life of your electrical burner.
An electrical burner for bakhoor is ideal for your home, living room, hallway, and office. Since electric burners produce high amounts of heat, you must be careful while using them, keeping in mind the following safety instructions:
- Never leave your electrical burner unattended.
- Don’t touch the metallic part of the burner when plugged in. The metallic part can get extremely hot, especially when you are using the burner in higher temperature settings. All other parts of your burner may also be hot. It is best to use a handle in order to move the burner.
- Never allow children around it. There is a serious risk of burns.
- After turning the burner off, do not touch the top or plate of the burner. Leave it for 30 minutes to one hour. So the burner shall cool down.
Burning bakhoor is the safest alternative to chemical air fresheners. Its aroma is soothing and stress-relieving for many people. So, start using bakhoor for your religious rituals and relaxation. Its lovely scent will scent your home and aid meditation.
For those looking for beautiful electric burners, we have a luxurious selection of burners at Wani Bakhoor. Hopefully, this comprehensive blog will help you burn bakhoor with an electric burner.
Are you ready to perfume yourself and your surroundings with great-smelling exotic bakhoor?