Is it difficult for you to upgrade the firmware on your Amped WiFi extender? Are you not receiving the promised outcome from your Amped range extender? If you answered yes, then you may need to reset your Amped extender to fix the failed firmware update.
In this post, we’ll show you how to reset your home network to its original settings in two distinct ways. Don’t delay any longer whether you own an Amped AC1200 extender or looking to do a reset on your Amped Athena because the steps for the reset process are the same for all extender models. Continue reading.
How Many Ways Are There to Reset Amped Extender?
Here are the two methods for resetting your Amped WiFi extender:
- When the Reset button is pressed
- Accessing the settings of your Amped extender
After you’ve studied both options, you may choose whichever one you feel is most suitable for resetting your extender and fixing the Amped firmware update failure problem. Please note that the Amped handbook is always available for your perusal in the event that the aforementioned instructions prove insufficient.
Amped Extender Reset via Reset Button
To use this approach, all you have to do is hit the Reset button on your Amped extender. Easy enough, right? If you want to return your Amped range extender to its factory settings, just hit the Reset button as detailed below.
- Get the extender’s power adapter cord and plug it in.
- Connect your extender’s power adapter to the outlet and turn it on.
- You may link your extender to the modem after the LED light becomes green.
- Discover where the Reset button is located on your Amped WiFi extender.
- When located, a sharp item should be used to gently push the button.
- A sharp item, in this context, may be anything from an oil pin to a paper clip to a toothpick.
- Keep your finger on the button until your Amped WiFi Extender automatically goes back to its original factory settings after a brief delay.
How to Reset Amped Extender via Settings?
Accessing the http://setup.ampedwireless.com web address is an alternative method of resetting your WiFi range extender. The reason being it enables you to reach the extender’s settings panel. After reading the instructions below, you’ll be able to reset your WiFi extender to factory settings.
- Join your router and extender together using an Ethernet wire.
- Then fire up your laptop and launch a web browser of your choosing.
- Be sure you have the most recent version of your preferred web browser installed.
- Click the “More Options” link in the upper right corner of the extender setup page.
- Follow the prompts to access the Admin Panel.
- Choose “Reset” from the Save/Reload Settings window.
- After returning to factory settings, just log in to your Amped extender.
How to Upgrade Firmware on Amped Extender?
After you’ve done a factory reset of your extender, you may try installing the latest firmware from Amped. Here are the measures you should take:
- To get started, you need to do a clean installation of your Amped WiFi extender’s software.
- Log in to the extender’s administration page through the web using the device’s default IP address.
- To update the firmware, go to Settings >Upgrade Firmware.
- If your WiFi extender needs a firmware upgrade, you may do it by following the on-screen prompts.
If you still aren’t able to upgrade your device’s firmware after using the aforementioned methods, something may be wrong with your network. In that case, you should reboot your WiFi extender to make it free of minor glitches and errors. Apart from that, consider flashing the extender’s firmware manually. But, be aware that you cannot upload the wrong firmware file on the Amped wireless setup wizard. Otherwise, you’ll end up bricking the performance of your range extender and you’ve to repeat the reset process.