It’s late at night, and you need to send an urgent email. Suddenly, you notice your apple keyboard is frozen. You cannot write your document because your keyboard has stopped responding.
Although Apple designs perfect devices, it is frustrating when your electronic device stops working immediately. The MacBook is worthless without a working keyboard, no matter how many keys aren’t working.
Calm yourself down if you are a mac user facing keyboard issues. Now, you are at the right place to fix it.
How to troubleshoot your Mac keyboard
You can troubleshoot your mac keyword problems with simple and effective tips.
Clean your Mac keyboard
Once you have determined that the keyboard is dirty, you can clean it.
- Use a can of compressed air to remove dust and dirt from under the keys and around them.
- Clean the keyboard with a lint-free cloth or soft brush and warm water.
- For cleaning the keyboard, you can also use nylon brushes.
- Do not use any home cleaning products as they could damage your external hardware like your LCD screen, fans and other components of your MacBook, which could lead to permanent failure!
Update the MacOS
The following steps will tell you when and how often you should update your Apple software:
- Select System Preferences from the Dock or Applications folder (depending on which version of macOS you’re using).
- Click Security & Privacy under the System Preferences categories.
- Click General in Security & Privacy preferences window.
- Drag “Install app updates”.
Reboot your Mac
If your Mac is experiencing problems with its keyboard, restarting it may help. To restart your computer:
- Hold the power button on the side of your Mac for 10 seconds to turn it off.
- Wait 5 seconds and then press the power button to turn it back on.
Check for malware.
Mac keyboard not working and you’re feeling frustrated? Try these steps to help fix the problem:
- Check for malware. If your Mac is running a newer version of macOS and you recently started experiencing this issue, it could be caused by a piece of software. This software is installed on your machine without your knowledge.
- To check for malware, open System Preferences and click Security & Privacy. If any unauthorized apps are listed here, remove them by clicking on “Remove” under their name in the left sidebar.
- Locate the software causing trouble. Once you have removed any suspicious apps from Security & Privacy, look at Activity Monitor.
Check your Bluetooth connection.
If you are using a Bluetooth keyboard, check the connection between the keyboard and your Mac. Make sure that the Bluetooth icon in your menu bar is on and green. Go to System Preferences > Bluetooth and make sure that it is enabled.
If turning on Bluetooth does not fix the problem, your Mac could have issues detecting all its peripherals or hardware components. If this is the case, try resetting SMC.
Reset your SMC (System Management Controller)
To reset your Mac, press the following keys simultaneously:
- Command+Option (or Shift+Alt) and the power button.
- Hold them down until you hear a startup sound again.
- This will reset your MCS. It will not delete any data or settings and won’t affect your iCloud account.
Seek professional help
If you can’t fix your keyboard, you should seek professional help. You can take your Mac to a professional Apple repair Store. They will be able to diagnose the problem and fix it. The experts at the cell phone repair in oceanside, MD, can fix all types of mac issues. You can check trusted repair store Marquess IT solutions for your Mac repair.
There is nothing worse than having a broken Mac keyboard. It can be frustrating and confusing, especially if you are unsure what to do next. This article will help you to determine why your Mac keyboard might stop working and how to fix them so that you never have this issue again!
What should I do if my keyboard backlight isn’t turning on?
If your Mac keyboard’s backlight isn’t turning on, there are several things to try before replacing your keyboard. Check if the backlight is turned on by pressing the F5 key or tapping Shift + Fn + F5 simultaneously.
What do I do if my Mac keyboard stops working?
You can fix the problem by adopting simple, quick fixes. Clean your keyboard, Check for system updates, update your macOS, and reboot the system. If any of the mentioned fixes cant help you, then go to experts for the best repair services.
How to turn off slow-working keys on the keyboard?
If you want to turn off the slow keys on the keyboard, follow the instructions below.
- Open system preferences and select accessibility.
- Click on Keyboard and ensure Slow Keys are turned off. If it’s turned on, then click on it to disable it.
People Also Search for:- usfl scores today