Modern project management is so generic that it is applicable to any business sector. All activities within a business are considered processes, including the acquisition of raw materials, the handling of customer orders, and so on. Organisations, therefore, prefer to hire certified professionals with the skillset, knowledge, and expertise to handle complex project management scenarios, which can be obtained by pursuing a project management certification.
PRINCE2 (Projects In Controlled Environments) is a trademark of AXELOS Limited and a process-based project management methodology. Following its initial success in the United Kingdom, prince2 project management rapidly spread to the rest of the world and is now widely utilised in both the public and private sectors.
What is PRINCE2, and how does it work?
We’ve saved you time by compiling the fundamentals of PRINCE2 project management in one convenient article to help you find answers to your confusion without sifting through countless blogs and vague definitions.
PRINCE2 project management is a process-based approach that emphasizes organisation and control over the entire project from beginning to end. This feature entails that projects are meticulously planned before launch, that each phase of the process is clearly structured, and that any loose ends are resolved at the project’s conclusion.
Different stages of prince project management
PRINCE2 projects typically adhere to eight fundamental processes:
- Beginning a project
- Managing a project
- Initiating a project
- Controlling a project
- Controlling a stage boundary
- Product delivery management
- Finishing a project
Combined, these eight principles of the prince2 project management methodology enhance project management and ensure a comprehensive project process. In addition, it aims to define back management and roles.
Studying PRINCE2 can improve project management practices throughout your organisation, not just now but in the future. PRINCE2 project teams have clearly defined project responsibilities and a clear vision of what will be delivered, when, why, and for whom. The framework also provides demonstrably effective processes for managing resources and expenditure, resulting in more well-structured projects with significantly higher ROIs.
Besides, the framework will assist you in maintaining the proper perspective while carrying out your projects. Several reviews will be conducted to ensure that work is being carried out in accordance with established business goals, and any errors will be addressed and resolved before the work resumes.
With over 1 million certified professionals worldwide, PRINCE2 is firmly established as the most widely used project management methodology. The qualification is divided into two levels: Foundation and Practitioner.
- The Foundation level overviews the PRINCE2 principles, themes, and processes. It teaches you to deliver projects on time and within budget, manage risk, and mitigate perceived problems.
- The Practitioner level then teaches you how to apply and use PRINCE2 to the specific needs and problems of a project scenario.
PRINCE2 Foundation and Practitioner certification validate a candidate’s understanding of the framework and ability to apply and adapt it in practice. As a result, becoming certified can assist candidates in gaining access to new career opportunities.
The Benefits of PRINCE2 Project Management
- It is relatively simple and makes project management easier by dividing them into stages.
- Facilitates communication among teams and stakeholders: The PRINCE2 method is highly compatible with work management software. Team members, stakeholders, and the project board can track project progress asynchronously and with ease. By utilizing a collaborative workspace, your team will always have access to the most recent information regarding your project’s status and any pertinent updates.
- Prince 2 methodology is adaptable to the needs of various projects.
- It increases accountability by clearly defining roles and responsibilities: Clarity is one of the major advantages of using the PRINCE2 methodology. Some project management methodologies have looser guidelines, but each PRINCE2 team member has a clearly defined role. Each of these roles has specific requirements and responsibilities.
Process-based Project management is one of the most effective ways to improve how your projects and businesses are managed to achieve a high level of performance.
PRINCE2 methods guide you through the phases of a project’s life cycle, giving your project structure and a common language. It embodies the “how to” of project management: it is adaptable, scalable, and can be customized to meet your specific needs. A PRINCE2® certification will not only enhance your abilities and self-assurance when managing projects, but it will also greatly improve your employment prospects.
Must Read: Why choose Computer Engineering Courses