With all the development and opportunities that Australia presents, international students are attracted to purse education at some of its most prestigious and renowned universities. People from all around the world contribute to the diverse population and culture of Australia, giving students the security to study in a multi-cultural environment. The added advantage of Australia being an English-speaking country further draws international students seeking quality education overseas.
In addition, Indian students in Australia, form the highest international student population, in 2022.
Benefits of studying in Australia
Lower tuition fees when compared to UK and US
- Living and studying in Australia is 40-60% cheaper when compared to studying in the UK and Australia.
- International students have to incur AUD 30,840 and 31,596 (INR 17,00,000 – INR 17,50,000) for undergraduate and postgraduate studies in Australia.
- Likewise, the cost for a master’s degree in Australia is between AUD 20,000 and 37,000 (INR 11,03,000 – INR 20, 05,000); and between AUD 14,000 and 37,000 (INR 7,72,000 – INR 20, 05,000)
- In the UK the average tuition fee for international graduates and postgraduates ranges between, GBP 11,400 – 30,000 (INR 10,64,000 to INR 28,00,600) and GBP 12,000 – 35,000 (INR 11,21,000 to INR 32,68,000), respectively.
- In the US, depending on where, if the student decides to study at a public or a private university, the cost may vary between USD 8,800 and 48,500 (INR 8,22,000 – INR 45,28,000) per year.
Work and study in Australia
- International students with a Subclass 500 visa can work for up to 40 hours per fortnight.
- The limit on work hours is set for during semester sessions.
- International students can work unlimited hours during the holidays.
- International students can take up internships, volunteering, or part-time employment while studying.
- Part-time employment opportunities exist in retail, tourism, hospitality, sales and telemarketing, agriculture, administration, and tutoring.
- Students are also allowed to take up paid and unpaid internships relevant to their area of interest.
- Volunteering is a great way of meeting and interacting, befriending, and meeting locals.
- International students can volunteer at events, as social media coordinators, drivers. Etc.
Best student cities in the world
- Australia is home to some of the best student friendly cities in the world with 7 of its cities in the QS Best Student Cities 2023.
- Melbourne, Sydney, Adelaide, Perth, Brisbane, Gold Coast and Canberra are ranked prestigiously in the QS Best Student Cities 2023.
- There are over 2 million students collectively studying in Australia’s best cities and universities.
- Canberra, Australia’s capital is home to Australia’s best university – the Australian National University (ANU), and the Canberra university
- Australia’s second best, and the QS 40th ranked university the University of Sydney, is located in Sydney.
- Apart from the other great reasons to study in Australia, the variety of courses offered plays hugely in influencing students to study in Australia.
- 2000 varied courses are offered across 100 Australian universities covering undergraduate, postgraduate levels including PG Diploma and certificate courses.
- Australian universities are ranked for the subject offered in the following areas – Engineering & Technology, Arts & Humanities, Physical & Life Sciences; Clinical, Pre-Clinical & Health; Social Sciences.
- Australian degrees are accepted and valued by employers around the world, generating lucrative prospects and attractive earning potentials.
- During 2020-2022, Australia witnessed net immigration of around 176 thousand per year.
- This diversity lent to this island country has contributed to it possessing over 200 languages and dialects being spoken in Australia.
- It is not uncommon to meet and interact with an Indian, and even celebrate festivals together.
- According to a 2018 report published by the Indian Ministry of External Affairs, 4.96 lakh Indians reside in Australia. Indians constitute 3% of the Australian population.
- New South Wales has 2.45 lakh Indians; Victoria has 2.54 lakh, followed by Queensland with 88 thousand Indians.
- The highest population of Indians can be found in Sydney, amounting to Sydney with 2.30 lakh, Melbourne with 2.40 lakh, and Perth with 75000.
- Hence, as an Indian student studying in Australia, there are many opportunities to interact with fellow Indians.
- Other ethnicities that one can meet in Australia include Italians, Greeks, Arabs, and Chinese.
- Each ethnic group contribute their culture and language to Australia, making it one of the most diverse countries in the world.
Study Abroad in Australia Is a dream of many Indian students Arrowhead can fulfill your dreams contact today for more details about the plans .